- 2 cups almonds or pecans
- 1/2-1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or half of a vanilla bean
- 4-5 medjool dates, pitted
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups cashews soaked 1-2 hours
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup agave (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean (I prefer the bean)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 cups sliced strawberries
Place almonds or pecans in food processor and process with the S blade until crumbled. Add coconut oil, sea salt and vanilla and pulse a couple of times. Add the dates last, one at a time and pulse until the crust holds together when you squeeze it between your fingertips. If the crust does not hold, add more dates (again one at a time). Press into oiled (with coconut oil) tart or pie pan. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes before adding filling.
Blend all ingredients well in a blender if you have one. Pour part of the filling into the pie crust (just enough to cover the bottom). Take some of the strawberries you cut up for the topping and scatter them on top of the filling. Pour the rest of the filling on top and place in freezer for 1-2 hours until firm. Decorate with the rest of your cut up strawberries. This pie needs to stay refrigerated to keep its firmness so make sure you keep in cold up until serving!