You Really Have to See These Wonderful Bamboo Fences!
If you plan on adding some fences in your backyard, and can’t really decide of what material to use, then keep on reading. Today, we would like to show you several Wonderful Bamboo Fence Ideas that may inspire you to use bamboo for the fence in your backyard.
Yes, bamboo fences are definitely some of the best choices for a backyard fence. They can serve as privacy screens, being functional and beautiful at the same time. Bamboo is a strong, sustainable, eco-friendly, lightweight and renewable material. It was mainly used in Eastern and Western Cultures and it can instantly add a touch of nature to any space. You may find it growing wild near you, or you can also buy some at quite affordable price. There are versatile ways to making a bamboo fence. For instance, it can be made out of stalks of bamboo tied together with a wire. Or you can look for smooth bamboo planks or slats. The following photo collection includes versatile bamboo fence ideas. Check them out and decide if a bamboo fence is the best choice for your yard.
There are many reasons why you should choose bamboo for the fence in your backyard.
- First of all, bamboo is really strong, having a higher compressive strength than concrete, brick or wood.
- It is environmentally friendly.
- It is highly resistant to rain, snow, heat and UV rays.
- And of course, it is super easy to install.
And just like with everything, there are some cons to bamboo fences.
- Bamboo is more expensive than metal, vinyl or traditional solid hardwood.
- You can easily find it in Asia, but in the other parts of the world, you will have to special order the materials, which will again cost you some money for shipping.
- And in case you live in a windy area, you will definitely need to support the bamboo fence with some sturdier fence.
- Bamboo fences are associated with Japanese gardens, so there are the best choice for such gardens as well as modern ones. But they may not be the right choice for other styles.